On Monday, 05/18/2009 I'm speaking at Document Interop Initiative in London, England.
Title of the talk is: High Fidelity Programmatic Access to Document Content, which will cover the following topics:
- Importance of OOXML as a standards based format, especially in technical issues of long term storage for document content preservation
- Importance of legal long term storage for document formats
- Signature and timestamp benefits of long term XML formats
- Performance and actual cost analysis of using publicly-parsable formats
- Benefits of having a high fidelity programmatic access to document content, backed with standardization
The event is held at Microsoft Limited, Cardinal Place, 100 Victoria Street SW1E 5JL, London.
Update: Here's the presentation.